HCI provides programs, health screenings and classes to more than 10,000 people from seven Southern Indiana counties, as well as people from Jefferson and Oldham counties in Kentucky every year. All activities are at no charge for the participants. HCI partners with other area agencies and businesses to provide health
education throughout the area. Examples of HCI’s free offerings:
• Prostate Cancer Screening
• Take 2 for Heart and Stroke
• Numerous church health fairs
• Health Career Academy with NAFC School System
• School/PTO health fairs
• Health Screenings for local businesses
• Collaboration with Department of Health and New Albany Housing Authority to provide free screenings to the uninsured or underinsured.
A few years ago the Foundation also purchased the “Health Express” mobile medical unit to enhance their commitment to making the region healthier. “This mobile unit allows the hospital’s HCI staff to take screenings such as blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure and hearing out to the surrounding communities and rural areas providing even more people with the opportunity to improve their health.
To Support the Foundation’s Work
Your gift to the Floyd Memorial Foundation, whether great or small, will help fund important programs, services and vital health screenings for our community, as well as scholarships for future medical professionals. All gifts to the Foundation are tax deductible. To learn more, call 812-949-5519