Phase I (Fall-Winter 2012)
The first phase of the renovation will consist of a cafeteria facelift, the first in more than 30 years. There are many reasons for this facelift, but one of the most important is to give us the ability to increase our healthy menu items. Offering food in a hospital setting often times leaves the customer with the perception that the food choices are always healthy. Unfortunately, we’ve outgrown our space and have a limited amount of those healthy menu items, but through this renovation we will be able to offer more. With obesity on the rise, and of concern with the residents of Floyd County, we must do our part to model a healthy food environment. Other benefits include:
- More streamlined process and flow: We aim to get our visitors through the cafeteria quicker so that they can get back to their loved ones in a more timely manner.
- Provide a more calming environment: For our visitors in the hospital with a loved one, this can be a stressful time. Our goal is to offer them a relaxing way to “get away” for a break.
- Improved heating and cooling system: Our current system is at capacity resulting in uneven temperatures in and around the cafeteria. Through this renovation the system will be upgraded to even temperature control.
- More grab-and-go food items for increased efficiency for those on the go.
- More seating and open space so that visitors and can spread out.
Phase II (Spring-Summer 2013)
Room Service for Patients:
The second phase of this renovation changes the patients’ food service to hotel-style room service. Our patients will be able to order from a room service menu customized to their diet needs as prescribed by their physician. They can order what they want, when they want, and the meal will be delivered to them.
Interested in helping make the dream a reality? Donate today by calling (812) 949-5519 or visiting www.floydfoundation.org.