Floyd Memorial’s Healthier Community Initiative (HCI), a program funded by the Floyd Memorial Foundation, is committed to the health and wellness of our community. This was showcased in many ways throughout 2009. Here are just a few of its contributions:
- Donated 14 Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs), used for sudden cardiac arrest, to the New Albany-Floyd County Police Department for use in police cars, the jail and its medical office.
- Gave $5,000 to the Delta Epsilon Sorority to help fund AED’s for the New Albany-Floyd County School Corporation.
- Health Career Academy oriented over 800 Floyd County middle school students to careers in the healthcare field.
- Over 800 men were screened at the hospital’s annual Prostate Cancer Screening held in September.
- HCI went on the road with its Health Express delivering free screenings and health education to community members in Floyd, Clark, Harrison, Washington, and Crawford counties. New screenings were introduced, including hemoglobin A1C, oxygen saturation and a carpal tunnel screening.
- Served more than 7,000 community members through free services and screenings.
For more information on how you can support the Floyd Memorial Foundation and its HCI program, visit www.floydmemorial.com and click on the “Foundation” link. You only live once, so let’s live healthy.