Having knee or hip replacement is not a decision to come to lightly. Following this guide may help you decide if the time is right to consider surgery.
Signs It’s Time to Consider Knee or Hip Replacement Surgery
- Your pain keeps you awake, or awakens you at night
- Your pain limits activities necessary for your daily routine, such as climbing stairs, getting up from a chair, walking short distances or getting in and out of a vehicle
- Engaging in physical activity of any kind is painful, and you find yourself becoming more sedentary in general
- You have tried conservative treatments for a reasonable amount of time, but continue to have persistent pain
Signs You Should Continue with Conservative Treatments
- Your pain does not limit your ability to engage in normal activities in your daily routine
- You are only limited from high-impact activities, such as running, skiing or playing contact sports
- Your pain and symptoms are improving with conservative treatments
Free Joint Pain Screening
Floyd Memorial will be hosting a free joint pain screening of knees and hip featuring X-rays and consultation with an orthopedic surgeon. You’ll also get an opportunity to meet the team of experts who will work with you every step of the way before and after your surgery. Space is limited and appointments are required. Screenings will take place at the Floyd Memorial Wound Healing Center. Call 1-800-4-SOURCE (1-800-476-8723) to register.
Free Bone & Joint Pain Seminars
Learn about advanced treatments that may offer dramatic relief of your knee and hip pain. An orthopedic surgeon and nurse will discuss medications, exercise, joint replacement surgery and the recovery process. Call 1-800-4-SOURCE (1-800-476-8723) or visit www.floydmemorial.com to register.