To preserve and restore health.
We will be a national leader in expert medicine and exceptional care.
At Floyd Memorial, we are committed to excellent outcomes in an error-free environment. Our values reflect this commitment:
Excellence – Providing uncompromising care with excellent outcomes in an error-free environment.
Compassion – Exhibiting unwavering concern, consideration and esteem for patients, families and each other.
Integrity – Demonstrating trust and ethical behavior in all of our relationships and endeavors.
Vision – Embracing change, forward thinking and creativity.
Lifelong Learning – Providing an environment that encourages education, training and career development.
Efficiency – Managing our human and material resources appropriately.
How the name became…
In 1947, 16 local leaders detected a need to expand the aging St. Edward’s Hospital which led to the county’s decision to build a new hospital. On June 22, 1953, Memorial Hospital of Floyd County was dedicated in memory of Floyd County community members who served during wartime. The name was then changed again in the late 1980s to Floyd Memorial. The current name, Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services, most accurately reflects the multi-faceted services the hospital provides to our community.
Along with name changes, the hospital has made many physical alterations over the years as well. Floyd Memorial has continuously responded to community needs and national trends by undergoing numerous renovations to provide the latest healthcare services to the Southern Indiana region.
Since its inception in 1953, Floyd Memorial, a county-owned hospital, has emerged to be an outstanding regional healthcare provider. Its medical staff is a well-built team of more than 600 physicians, representing a variety of specialties. The hospital currently employs over 2,000 associates.
Services at Floyd Memorial include:
- Birthing Center
- Cancer Center of Indiana
- Comprehensive Diagnostic Imaging Center and Women’s Imaging Center
- Emergency Center
- Floyd Memorial Medical physician Group (FMMG)
- Paris Health Education Center
- Heart and Vascular Center
- Home Health Services
- Total Joint Replacement Center
- Joslin Diabetes Center Affiliate at Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services
- Kleinert Kutz Surgery Center in Affiliation with Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services
- Laboratory Services
- Comprehensive Orthopedics Services
- Pain Management Center
- Rehabilitation Services including off-site centers at the New Albany YMCA, Corydon and Floyds Knobs
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Spine Center
- Inpatient and Outpatient Surgical Services
- Urgent Care Centers in New Albany and Floyds Knobs
- Weight Management and Bariatrics Center
- Wound Healing Center