- Q: Can I reach a physician after hours or on weekends?
- A: If your situation is a true emergency that requires immediate attention, always call 9-1-1 first. To reach the on-call physician, call the office main line and the message or answering service will instruct you how to proceed.
- Q: What is the length of time it takes to get an appointment for a new patient?
- A: We maintain an open access schedule and most appointments can be facilitated with a week.
- Q: How long do I have to wait for prescription refills?
- A: All refill requests can be processed within 24 hours of the initial request.
Q:What is a Patient Portal?
A: The patient portal at Floyd Memorial Medical Group allows for better communication with your physician’s office by providing convenient 24/7 access from the comfort and privacy of your own home or office. Your physician’s office will provide you with a PIN number, which will enable you to register to use this service. Once you sign up you will be able to:
- Access and update your medical record; including access to lab results
Other benefits of the patient portal coming soon include:
- A secure and confidential way to communicate with your physician outside of a normal office visit
- A secure way to pay your bill on-line
- The ability to request information about recent diagnostic exams, etc.
- The ability to request an appointment with your physician