- Q: Can I reach a physician after hours or on weekends?
- A: If your situation is a true emergency that requires immediate attention, always call 9-1-1 first. To reach the on-call physician, call the office main line and the message or answering service will instruct you how to proceed.
- Q: What is the length of time it takes to get an appointment for a new patient?
- A: We maintain an open access schedule and most appointments can be facilitated with a week.
- Q: How long do I have to wait for prescription refills?
- A: All refill requests can be processed within 24 hours of the initial request.
Q:What is a Patient Portal?
A: The patient portal at Floyd Memorial Medical Group allows for better communication with your physician’s office by providing convenient 24/7 access from the comfort and privacy of your own home. Your physician’s office will provide you with a PIN number, which will enable you to register to use this service. Once you sign up, you will be able to access and update your medical record, access lab and diagnostic exam results, communicate securely and confidentially with your physician, pay your bill online and request an appointment.