Women’s Imaging Center
The Women’s Imaging Center at Floyd Memorial Hospital offers state-of-the-art women’s testing procedures and services in a comfortable, convenient first floor location. Dedicated exclusively to women’s health, the Center allows women to receive diagnostic testing procedures in a private location.
The Floyd Memorial Women’s Imaging Center provides has been designated as a Breast Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology, and provides the following specialized services:
- Magnetic Resonance (MR) testing
- pDXA Osteoporosis Screening and bone density scans with a DEXA (Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry) machine
- 3D Mammography with biopsy capability
- 2D Digital Mammography with a MammoPad that utilizes the Siemens MAMMOMAT Novation DR (the most advanced digital mammography system available)
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- 3-D/4-D Obstetric Ultrasounds
Physicians and patients alike benefit from the convenient location and leading edge technology. For more information, call (812) 949-7799.
Self-referral mammograms at Floyd Memorial are accepted. This is for preventative screening mammograms for women 40 and over who do not show symptoms, and is allowed whether the patient has a primary care physician or not. The main focus will be getting the results back to either the primary care physician or the patient. In the case that the patient doesn’t have a primary care physician, the hospital will make every effort to assist them in finding one. Floyd Memorial will also assist the patient in finding a physician for any follow-up care needed. To schedule a mammogram today, call (812) 949-5570 and identify yourself as a self-referral. On the day of your mammogram, you will need to go through hospital registration or you may pre-register in advance by clicking here.