Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services announced today that they have launched a new feature on their website called the A.D.A.M. Health Navigator. This feature allows the user to create a customized avatar and check symptoms, access information and find a doctor. They also have three innovative, easy-to-navigate websites offering free, personalized online assessments to help individuals suffering from knee pain, hip pain and obesity to make smart decisions about treatment options that can help them once again enjoy a healthier, more active lifestyle.
The Floyd Memorial SmartSites are designed to guide healthcare consumers through interactive question and answer assessments so they can learn about the underlying causes of knee and hip pain, learn about their personal weight status, assess nutrition and exercise behaviors and make better informed decisions about medical and surgical care. The free assessments provide personalized reports customized to an individual’s specific needs and conditions.
Additionally, the sites provide access to extensive resources and tools to support short and long-term knee and hip pain recovery, as well as methods to connect consumers to education programs, physicians and other health and fitness experts. These include:
- Recommended reading lists and links to articles
- Questions to ask physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Non-surgical treatment methods to alleviate knee and hip pain
- Screenings and seminars on preparing and recovering from joint replacement surgery
- How to make appointments with medical experts in orthopedics, physical therapy, rehab services and weight management
- In-depth information about surgical options
- Weight status and eating behavior assessments
- Support groups and online communities
- Tips for healthy grocery shopping
Floyd Memorial’s Knee Pain, Hip Pain and Weight Loss SmartSites can be accessed at www.FloydMemorial.com.