Classified as a Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program, Floyd Memorial Cancer Services has received a three-year approval with commendations from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
The Approvals Program, a component of the CoC, sets quality-of-care standards for cancer programs and reviews the programs to ensure they conform to those standards. Approval by the CoC is given only to those facilities that have voluntarily committed to providing the highest level of quality cancer care and that undergo a rigorous evaluation process and review of their performance.
Receiving care at a CoC-approved cancer program, like Floyd Memorial Cancer Services, ensures that a patient will have access to:
- Comprehensive care, including a range of state-of-the-art services and equipment
- A multi-specialty, team approach to coordinate the best treatment option
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- Access to cancer-related information, education and support
- A cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results and offers lifelong patient follow-up
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care